United States Martial Arts Association
National Board of Karate-Do Examiners
Due to the size of some
documents we are offering them in PDF format. You'll need a PDF reader or Adobe Reader
installed on your computer to view them. Adobe Reader is available
free by clicking the link below.
Board of Karate-Do Examiners
Ron Treem, Hachidan
Larry Hamby, Kudan
Mike Murphy, Hachidan
Tom Flynn, Rokudan
• Develop the criteria and curriculum for promotional requirements
• Develop goals and objectives to strengthen the Karate-Do Division
• Develop standards for Karate-Do instruction providing continuity within the USMAA Karate-Do Division.
National Karate-Do Planning Committee
The planning committee is comprised of the Karate-Do Division Director, the National Board of Examiners, and Member Representatives (to be appointed).
Nominations for Member Representatives are currently open. Members can send nominations to Ron Treem, Karate-Do Division Director, at
email@example.com or Kar@mararts.org
All nominations will be approved by the Board of Examiners.
• Help guide the Karate-Do Division in its activities within the USMAA.
• Develop plans for Regional Seminars, Regional Tournaments, and National Training Camp Karate-Do activities.
• Develop plans for an Annual Karate-Do Tournament during the Annual Training Camp in 2013.
• Develop plans to implement World Karate Federation (formerly WUKO) tournament rules and guidelines for officials and competitors.
The diversity of the USMAA are likely to result in modifications to the WKF rules. The intent is to provide fair and well controlled Karate-Do competition. Rules such as dress and lists of kata will be reviewed and adjusted to meet the needs of our members. It's important to implement standards so all tournament officials are operating within the same guidelines. Comments or questions can be sent to Ron Treem at the e-mail address above.
Ron Treem, Director
[Go Back to Top] |